- The Second Afro-Atlantic Playwright Festival: October 13–15, 2023Featuring a full length production of We Take Care of Our Own by Zainabu Jallo, directed by Carlyle Brown, as well as staged readings of two new plays and a roundtable discussion on What is the African Diaspora?
- Playwright-in-Residence at Illusion TheaterCarlyle Brown has been named a Playwright-in-Residence at Illusion Theater and School in Minneapolis.
- Afro-Atlantic Playwright Festival (Minneapolis, July 12–14, 2019)The festival will feature workshops, a panel discussion on theater and Afro-Atlantic culture, and stage readings of the works completed at Camargo by fellows
- Camargo African-American/African Playwrights ResidencyBringing together African and African American text based theater artists from opposite ends of the Africanist diaspora to explore their craft, their voice, and their African-ness.
- Carlyle Brown is Honoree of 37th Annual William Inge Theatre FestivalPlaywright Carlyle Brown will be the 2018 recipient of the William Inge Distinguished Achievement in the American Theater Award
- On Shakespeare and Cultural IdentityCarlyle Brown’s remarks at the 2011 Oregon Shakespeare Festival, as excerpted in the Star Tribune in 2016
- History Theatre presents new play by Carlyle BrownThe History Theatre in St. Paul will producing George Bonga: Black Voyageur in February 2016.
- In the News: American Theatre“Sparring Partners: Carlyle Brown & James A. Williams”
- Interview with “Word of Mouth” on New Hampshire Public RadioA 2013 interview by Virginia Prescott of New Hampshire Public News
Stay in the know:
Sign up to receive occasional emails from Carlyle Brown.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive email updates from Carlyle Brown & Company. You can change your email preferences or unsubscribe any time with the SafeUnsubscribe® link, at the bottom of every email.